Are You A Liberal or Conservative???
Hello Fellow Americans,
Our last blog discussing the differences between Republicans and Democrats was so popular amongst you guys. So, we decided to do it again—and this time we’ll be chatting about the key differences between Liberals and conservatives. This way if you didn’t fit into the mold of the previously discussed political affiliations you could be further educated and maybe affiliated with the proper party depending upon your beliefs.
Let’s Get Started
What It Means To Be Conservative
Definition: averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values
- Social Continuity—meaning they prefer to keep things exactly the way they are instead of starting a new form of government that could be potentially detrimental and believe if change must happen it be very gradual.
- They believe in transcendent order, which means morals should be held up in the government—this can be associates with the pro-life movement.
- They strongly value strict constructs and believe diversity is good in any civilization to a point, and social orders and classes should remain in society—meaning a stark difference between rich and poor is necessary to properly run government.
What It Means To Be Liberal:
Definition: one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways
- They believe in freedom and a government that guarantees individual life and liberties—meaning citizens have access to things that should be considered basic human rights like health insurance, a stable income, and a secure future.
- Believe in helping others no matter what that means for the existing circumstance—this can cause an increase in general taxes and a different economical stance.
- Peace and nonviolence are a main standpoint of liberals—this can be very closely related with the gun control movements.
- Self-government is key meaning we must all put in equal efforts to insure everyone has the means to live a standard life in America.
So, now that you got a little taste of two other sides of politics—do you know where you stand? Let us know in the comments below!
Stay Strong Patriot!!!